Thursday, December 31, 2009

Eco-friendly Bento Find

Posted by PicasaI found these glass containers at the Container Store sitting next to lots of other lovely bento quality containers. They are refrigerator, freezer, dishwasher and microwave safe. I was sold when I saw the colors and the cute pop art flowers etched into the glass. They look like Spring to me and remind me of the 70's. They are made by an Italian company called Bormioli Rocco (you can google them, they have a website). The large container is 600 ml and I intend to make large leafy salads in it for lunch. The smaller side car is deceptively big. It is 500 ml, with taller sides. It works well if your placing food that needs to be reheated on a bed of rice. They are sturdy, although I would not use them in a child's box. I bounced one off the floor in my lunch box two days ago and it survived without damage, so I think they are tough enough for clumsy adults like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment