Monday, January 18, 2010

Sweet Bento

Tomorrow's bento is filled with white bean chicken chili and sweet rice. I am into experimenting with my rice cooker and trying different varieties of rice. This rice is new to our family. It is very small grain and almost clear when cooked. It is called Golden Crane Premium Sweet Rice which was purchased at an oriental grocery store in Homestead, Florida. If I were more authentic I would have purchased pickled plums to top the rice but at $5.99 for a tiny jar I wasn't feeling the need to be too authentic. Instead I have topped the rice with pickled ginger which I know I love. At first my teenage girls were very suspicious of my new rice selection. Once they tried it, it was an instant success. In fact, they ate their father's portion so I had to make a new pot for his supper.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments: