Friday, June 18, 2010

Cake Anyone!


On a whim my youngest daughter and I signed up to take a cake decorating classes. I was thinking the little flowers would look cute slipped into bento, on a mini cupcake or something. She was thinking "Ace of Cakes". At any rate the classes were lots of fun, rather expensive with all of the tools and cakes that we needed to make times two. We do have lots of silly memories to share. Last Saturday I finished the final project for course 2. Isn't she lovely. Don't let her glam fool you. This little cake took 10 1/2 cups of frosting to create. The flowers took over four hours to design with my daughter's help. The basket weave and scroll work took another 1 1/2 hours to create. This cake is not for the faint hearted and it is not going to be repeated anytime soon. I did have a tiny slice and it tasted great. We counted the points as 10 for the slice and that was being very good.

1 comment:

  1. Aww it's so lovely!! :) You guys did a great job! I'm taking the first course of cake decorating and will do the second next month! Looks like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete