Saturday, October 3, 2009

Little Bamboo Steamer


I love goyza and dim sum either hot or cold in my bento. I do not like to eat fried foods. For this reason I was happy to learn how to steam these foods in my rice cooker. It is quick and easy to do right after supper while the dishes being washed. I simply add a small amount of water to the bottom of the rice cooker, insert bottom tier of mini steamer, fill with goyza, top with second tier , fill and add rice cooker top. The bamboo top does not fit. Hit cook. The foods will steam faster than the rice setting usually in about 5 minutes so I have keep an eye on them and not rely on the timer. When the wrappers look translucent they are ready to go. I have tried this with frozen and homemade goyza and it works well for both. My next challenge is to experiment with rice and vegetable combinations in my rice cooker. I have instructions for this process that came with the rice cooker but I am a little tentative since my rice cooker is a cheapy version and I don't want to push it's limits. Why tempt fate, although Christmas is just around the corner and I have spied some really nice one's on amazon.Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. I spotted really tiny dim sum steamers in a store last night, they were about 3 inches wide, so cute!

    ReplyDelete