Thursday, October 29, 2009

Pasta Palace Perfect to Quick Bento

Posted by PicasaI know that "Bento Purists" will not see the link between gourmet style pasta and bento, but for this busy mom it's perfect. During the holiday season I am noticing special edition shapes like pumpkins, fall leaves, and turkeys that make great bento salads when combined with brightly colored vegetables. I have been using cherry tomatoes, orange and red bell pepper and cucumbers for quick crunchy additions. Toss with a low fat salad dressing and maybe a little mozzarella cheese shreads and you are good to go.

4 comments:

  1. I love fun shaped pasta! Now do you get yours in the regular grocery or from a specialty shop? I never see the cutesy shapes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those shaped pastas! Are you buying shaped macorni and cheese and leaving out the cheese?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have found them at Whole Foods Market and at Marshalls in the gourmet food area.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pasta collections are amazing :o)

    ReplyDelete